This course provides training for electrical or other personnel working in or planning to work in Hazardous Areas of the IEC 60079 industry that procure, install, inspect, and maintain Ex Equipment.
Topics of the course are:
- Sources of ignition
- Nature of hazards, identification of hazards
- Area classifications in Zone 0, 1 and 2
- Selection of Ex apparatus, cabling, glanding and sundry items
- Ex Inspection and maintenance
- Management and remedial work
- ATEX and UKCA
- Temperature ratings, Gas Groups, IP code
Upon completion of this IEC 60079 course the student will be able to:
- Understand basics of hazardous area operations including installation, maintenance and inspection
- Standard practice and where the Ex equipment may be used
- View various types of Ex installations
- Understand which activities are and are not allowed with regards to maintenance and repairs of Ex equipment.
- Review various types of Ex inspections.
To provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Training Specialist led presentation – The core elements will be presented in a classroom environment and workshop.
- Certificate issued: CompEx should the candidates be successful with the online test and practical assessment.