This course provides training for electrical or other personnel working in or planning to work in HazLoc (Hazardous Locations) of the NEC 500-516 industry that procures, installs, inspects, and maintains HazLoc equipment, either with or without HazLoc experience. Topics of the training are:
- Sources of ignition
- Nature of hazards, identification of hazards
- Area classifications NFPA 497 (gas), Class 1 Div 1 & 2 and NFPA 499 (dust)
- Selection of HazLoc apparatus, conduit, cabling, seal-offs, and sundry items
- Temperature code
- HazLoc Inspection and maintenance
- Management and remedial work
- Understand the basics of HazLoc operations
- Standard practice and where the HazLoc equipment may be used
- View various types of HazLoc installations
- Understand which activities are and are not allowed with regard to maintenance and repairs of HazLoc equipment.
- Review various types of HazLoc installations.
Target audience: Electrical or other personnel involved in HazLoc procurement, installation, maintenance, and inspections and other personnel engaged in NEC500-516 applications and installations.